Cinematography

Topic: Cinematography
EQ: How can a film maker best use image to spark an emotional connection with the film's audience?

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Research and Working EQ

1. EQ: How can a cinematographer best use image to spark an emotional connection with the film's audience?

2. By using a series of different camera shots, the cinematographer can bring the audience further into a film. An example is how the cinematographer of the 1960s Batman TV show, Howard Schwartz, used the dutch angles when only the villains and their henchmen are in the shot in order show how crooked these characters were. 
3. The most important source I have that helped me answer my EQ is an article, "11 Essential Film Techniques" by Edoardo Nolfo.

4. My mentor is Phil Miller, the ROP film teacher at Ipoly. Under his mentorship I learn more about sound, lighting, and some camera movements. I then can take what I've learned ad put them into practice as to manipulating a shot and thus manipulating the audience's emotions. 

1 comment:

  1. 2. What are some other shots that connect to the aude
    3. What was so great about that source? Explain.

    ReplyDelete