Cinematography

Topic: Cinematography
EQ: How can a film maker best use image to spark an emotional connection with the film's audience?

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Blog 21: Mentorship

Literal. I've logged on my hours of the mentorship I've done, excluding those I did for my Independent Component, on the Right hand column under "Sausage Links" titled "Cisco's Mentorship Log & Hours."

Interpretive. My mentorship as the ROP Film TA helped me out by relearning some film techniques that I might have forgotten and taught be some new techniques, especially in lighting. Taking this knowledge I put it into the test in some of my work to better understand where my answers are coming from.

Applied. I am able to apply this  knowledge to some work I've done and single out what was useful to spark an emotional connection. For example, with newly obtained knowledge of he use of colored gels I was able to use them in a Doritos commercial to help set the vibe that the scene was going to be filled with cheesy goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment